从A、 B 、C 、D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
21. Jerry walked on _____ tiptoe so as not to disturb _____ other readers in _____ reading
A. the; the; the B. the; /; a C. /; /; the D. /; the; the
22. — The flags of every independent country are_____ just colorful pieces of cloth and thread
— Exactly. A flag often symbolizes beliefs and culture.
A. rather than B. no more than C. more than D. other than
23. — Which student is ______to come out first in the mid-term exam?
—I don’t know, but I’ve found _____ for Katherine to win. After all, she is so diligent.
A. probable; it unlikely B. likely; it possible
C. possible; it possible D. likely; it possibly
24. The businessman claimed ______ in the company when he was doing business there yesterday.
A. to have been badly treated B. to be badly treated
C. being badly treated D. to have badly treated
25. Pu Jinhui was elected president of the Republic of Korea in February, 2013 by a ______ majority, ______ a brand new start of the country.
A. light; marking B. light; having marked C. narrow; marking D. narrow; having marked
26. It’s_______ to get a satisfying job in the competitive society, so each of us should value what we’ve got.
A. nothing B. anything C. everything D. something
27. The principal of Harbin No. 3 High School - Mr. Zhao personally _______ souvenirs _______ the alumnus (校友) from home and abroad on School Anniversary Day.
A. awarded, with B. presented; with C. presented; to D. awarded; for
28. — Why hasn’t Damon contacted us up to now? ________anything have happened to him? — I’m not sure, but I guess something ________.
A. Must; may have B. Could; might C. May; must have D. Can; may have
29. Haven’t you enough common ________ to know that it is unwise to go outside in such a hazy (雾霾的) day? You may get lost.
A. practice B. sense C. rule D. goal
30. The novels written by Alice Munro became the best-sellers after she won the Nobel Prize in Literature, but five years ago no one could have imagined how great a role she _____ in the literary world.