2005 National English Contest for College Students
Part I Free talk. (1 minute)
1. What do you think of the advertisements on television or in newspapers? Do you like them or not? Give your reasons.
2. What books have you read recently? What do you think of them?
3. What's the weather like in your hometown? Do you like it?
4. What kind of film do you like best? Could you name some of them?
5. Do you work in your spare time? What kind of job do you like to do? Why?
6. Could you tell us one of the memorable moments that occurred in your life?
7. Think about things you would like to do this weekend. Decide what, where and when.
8. If you could meet your favourite bands or singers, what would you say to them?
9. What kind of job would / wouldn't you like to do? Why?
10. What's your major? Did you choose your major by yourself? Why did you choose this major? Part II Questions about general topics. (3 minutes)
1. What's your opinion of studying abroad?
2. More and more people now begin to celebrate not only traditional holidays but foreign festivals, such as Valentine's Day, Mother's Day. What do you think of it?
3. Nowadays traffic congestion is a big problem in most of our cities. Have you got any ideas about what has brought about this and how to solve it?
4. How has information technology changed our life today?
5. What do you think of college education? From a larger perspective what is the most