（ ）1、A、bag B、map C、thank D、class
（ ）2、A、no B、row C、one D、old
（ ）3、A、five B、bike C、fine D、English
（ ）4、A、desk B、yes C、eleven D、pencil
（ ）5、A、good B、book C、afternoon D、goodbye
1. With a lot of difficult problems _______, the new president is having a hard time.
A. settled B. settling C. to settle D. being settled
2. Sometimes it was a bit boring to work there because there wasn’t always_____
much to do.
A. such B. that C. more D. very
3. When they got to the South Pole, they found the Norwegians had ____ them in the
race to be the first ever to reach it.
A. hit B. fought C. won D. beaten
4. He is _______ interested in English. He often works at it until _____ into the night.
A. deep, deeply B. deep, deep C. deeply, deep D. deeply, deeply
5. － Since you’ve made your decision, you’d better carry it out.
－ _________ I give it up?
A. Only if B. What if C. If D. Even if
6. He ran into a passing car duo to _______ .
A. he ran too fast B. he ran from the roadside
C. his running too fast D. him to run from the roadside
7. ________ was telling a lie.
A. Anyone who tells you B. Whoever told you
C. Those who told you that D. Whoever told you that
8. I noticed her beauty and honesty _______ I met her.
A. first time B. for the first time C. the first time D. by the first
9. Although she had been ill for a long time, it still came as a shock when she _____
A. eventually B. willingly C. unexpectedly D. disappointedly
10. You look tired out. I guess you _______ well during the long journey.
A. can’t have slept B. didn’t sleep C. haven’t slept D. will not sleep
11. Hearing the news , he hurried home, leaving the book_____ on the desk.
A. lay opened B. lying open C. to lie open D. lie opened