Unit Nine When were you born?
1. Talk about the famous person you admire.
2. Learn some expressions of career;
3. Talk about the past experience;
4. talk about the achievement of oneself or others;
5. Write a passage introducing the experience of one’s own and others.
6. Learn to write a brief biography of somebody.
1. Language functions: talk about successful person.
2. Language goals:
Who’s that? That’s Deng Yaping. She is a great ping-pong player.
When was she born? She was born in 1973.
Who’s Shirley Temple? She is a movie star.
When did she become a movie star?
When she was three years old.
3. Language structure:
Passive voice: be born
Adverbial clauses with when
When/ How long questions
4. Key words:
achievement, record, Brazilian skater, violinist, pianist, sneezing, hiccupping start, stop, first went, first had, learned, talented, loving, creative, outstanding, unusual Recycling: Japanese, Ping-pong player, basketball player, tennis player, soccer player, champion, great, born, star, golfer, music, musician, sports, bicycle, movie, party, beautiful, kind, famous,
5. Learning strategies:
Using what you know.
Teaching time :
The 65th 66th periods
Teaching contents: Section A 1a-2c
Step 1. Words on Page 53 54 studying.
Step2 Warming up
Write the word born on the blackboard and tell students we are going to talk about when some students were born. Let’s find out when some of you born.
When is your birthday? April the first.
When were you born? In 1990.
Then ask students to think of some famous sports stars, or athletes, and write their names under International Sports Stars.